Thursday, March 26, 2009

The lesson that interest me was listening and I had did it my country not as listening skills but as oral English. In the listening class the topic we did was, difference between listening to a lecture and an everyday situation and what you need to do whiles listening to a lecture. A tape was played and I had to listen and at the same time take notes. I was given two papers, one for taking note and the other one was the question paper, were I had to answer the questions with the notes I had taken. Which I know I did well.

In the class, I experience a little problem which was, I only had to listen to the tape once and take down note, were as in my country Sierra Leone we normally listen to the tape twice and start answering the test questions with out taking note, so am not that conversant with note taking but with I will be conversant with it.
To adapt and meet with the demands of this course I will listen to conversation and do most of my conversations in English which will make me conversant with the English language
I like listening a lot and as I intend to do further studies here in Australia I know listening will help a lot, since I will be in lecture rooms with more than fifty students or so, were I will need to listen attentively to what the lecturer is saying ,and take down notes. And I will also listen to radios and news programs and practice to take note whiles listening to them, because it will help me to be conversant with the note taking aspect. As for now I can’t really say how much I have improve but I know with time and as the course goes on I will have improved much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment