JOURNAL WRITING
REFLECTIVE JOURNAL
In week two the lessons that interest me were reading and writing.
In the writing class the topics we did were academic writing, features of academic writing and how to distinguish between an academic writing and a non academic writing. In this topic we were taught how to writing an academic essays its structures and Planning, it features which are academic writings and essays are based on fact, evidence and they are logical, rational and impersonal. In the lesson on how to distinguish between an academic and a non academic writing we read some essays, and then outlined the features of an academic essay. which help us identify the academic essays from the non academic essays. We were also taught the two types of essays which are descriptive and analytical essays wherein descriptive essays only present information whiles analytical essays logically breaks things into little pieces.
I experience a little problem which was I had never been taught academic writing, its features and how to distinguish between a non academic and an academic, so it was a little bit strange to me. But in my country I did some thing similar to this which is called continuous writing, were in we are given some certain topics to an essay about. Sometimes they could be argumentative, descriptive or comparative essays. We are not taught how to write the academically and how to differentiate between an academic and a non academic article.
In the reading class the topic we did was how to study in the Australian style. During the lesson we discus about how Australian education system encourage individualism, speaking up for your opinions and ideas, be active in class and have a team spirit. Whiles in my country’s educational system they don’t encourage individualism; you don’t speak your own opinion because it is not acceptable by the teachers. Our learning is passive sit and listen and take note. The lecturers and teachers demand respect from student were by we are not allow to address them by their first name, but by their surname example
Mr.Kailey or Mrs.Kailey . In this lesson I experience a lot of problem because of what I’ve been used to in my country.
To adapt to these two lessons I will familiarize myself with the Australian educations system and read a lot of books not every but academic books and try to write my essays academically. For now I don’t know how much I have improved but with time and as the course goes on I will have improve much better.
my reflective journal 4
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment