Thursday, March 26, 2009

JOURNAL WRITING
REFLECTIVE JOURNAL
This week it was Reading Skills that took my interest. The topic we did was
traditional medicine and WHO (world health organization) in this topic we
learnt how WHO is in support of traditional medicine but proposed some
measure to regulate traditional healers and their medicines. We also learnt how
traditional medicines are ignored by the modern medical practices in terms of high
technology and that not all herbal remedies are effective or even harmless, and many developing countries extract and process these medicines under unhygienic conditions.
We also learnt how these medicines are providing income for these countries in which they are produced.
In my country, we also believe in traditional medicine so much that, every morning
a cup of the root or back of the tree is been soaked in water is given to us to drink,
because it stops stomach pains and clears the stomach. It is also used for diabetes as it is bitter and helps to regulate the sugar in the blood. Garlic and honey is also used for blood pressure. In this class I was able to participate a little because Merseline keeps asking me if I have anything to say and what’s my idea or opinion about the topic we were doing.
Sometimes I will know the answer or have an idea about the topic or what we are doing but I am shy to speak or think that I might be wrong. She keeps encouraging me to say something and by that I will gradually become an active person in class and also have confidence in myself.
I like Merseline for what she is trying to do and I also like my other teachers and the other subjects. It is also good to write journals because it helps us to recall what we’ve been taught in the past week and it will improve our writing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment